Candidates have already started the preparation for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam for the next recruitment. Those who are planning on starting their preparation, it is essential that they have a sound knowledge about the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. This will help them strategise a preparation plan to devote equal time to each section and study systematically for the exam.
The Staff Selection Commission is expected to announce notification of the SSC CHSL exam in November 2020. Aspirants can check the ins and outs of CHSL exam on the given link.
The main sections that are a part of the syllabus of SSC CHSL are Quantitative Aptitude, English language, General Awareness and Reasoning Ability. Aspirants must have command over these four sections if they want to score well in the CHSL 2020.
One of the most scoring subjects is the reasoning ability section though a bit tricky. This section comprises questions of both logical and analytical reasoning. There are certain steps that candidates can follow to ace the reasoning ability section in the upcoming CHSL exam. Hence, the article aims to help candidates ace the reasoning section by providing worthy tips for preparation.
Given below are a few important topics that are covered under the reasoning ability section for the online exam conducted:
- Coding & Decoding
- Statement & Assumption
- Input & Output
- Decision Making
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Pattern Series & Sequences
- Order and Ranking
The above-mentioned topics must be practiced thoroughly by candidates to score good marks in the reasoning section. Let us check out important pointers to prepare for reasoning for the SSC CHSL exam.
Tips to Ace Reasoning Ability in CHSL Exam
Candidates are advised to keep in mind the following tips and tricks while preparing for reasoning ability section for CHSL exam-
- Go through the question carefully. Before solving any question it is necessary to read them well because answers to reasoning questions are in the questions itself. Thus, do not solve reasoning questions without reading them completely.
- The main thing to remember is to refer to only one good book for preparing reasoning. Referring to multiple books will only create confusion. Find one good book that can help you prepare the best for the reasoning section along with understanding the topics and solving the practice papers.
- Solving questions of reasoning takes a lot of time, therefore to save time in the exam it is imperative to practise questions as much as possible. For example, solving puzzles may be time consuming. If a candidate solves puzzles on a regular basis he may be aware of the shortcut tricks to solve the questions quickly which will ultimately save his time during the final face off.
- No guesswork works in this section. Since there is negative marking, do not attempt the questions you are not sure about solving. 0.50 marks are deducted for each wrong answer so make sure you don’t lose marks for marking the wrong answer.
- Assumptions can cost you hard. Reasoning questions are meant to be solved without assuming any clause and information. Do not assume any information and only the data given in the question is to be kept in mind while solving the question.
- Be careful about the questions that comprise “only”, “at least”, “all” and “some”. These are questions where candidates tend to make the silliest mistakes and end up losing marks.
- Time management is important. Do not spend too much time on any question. If you don’t understand any question, move further to the next one. Spending too much time on one question, may not leave time to be able to attempt any further questions in that particular subject.
Scoring well in the reasoning section of CHSL is not a cakewalk. It is imperative for candidates to strategise a study plan and make sure they devote equal time to prepare for each topic. Candidates can follow the above-mentioned tips to prepare for the reasoning section and improve overall result. Further details on SSC CHSL result on the given link.